Weeton, ENG - Postcode - PR4 3LD
Postcode PR4 3LD serves Weeton in the Lancashire district of England. It is part of the PR4 outward code area. Use the map below for the exact location.
More postcodes in Lancashire | Browse PR4 area | All postcodes in Weeton
Location Information
| City/Location/Ward | Weeton |
|---|---|
| County/District/Region | Lancashire |
| States or Province or Territories | England |
| States or Province or Territories Abbrieviation | ENG |
| Postcode | PR4 3LD |
GPS Coordinate
| Item | Description |
|---|---|
| Latitude | 53.8232 |
| Longitude | -2.9432 |
Nearby Postcodes
| Location | Postcode |
|---|---|
| Blackburn | BB1 1AB |
| Blackburn | BB1 1AE |
| Blackburn | BB1 1AF |
| Blackburn | BB1 1AQ |
| Blackburn | BB1 1BA |
| Blackburn | BB1 1BB |
| Blackburn | BB1 1BD |
| Blackburn | BB1 1BG |
| Blackburn | BB1 1BH |
| Blackburn | BB1 1BJ |
Browse All
Maps & Location
Weeton is located in Lancashire
About Weeton
Description of Weeton, North Yorkshire
Located in the Harrogate area of North Yorkshire, England, the village and civil parish of Weeton are both named after the name of the town of Weeton.
Widetun(e)/Wideton(e) is first recorded in the Domesday Book of 1086, and its meaning, "willow farm," is thought to come from the Old English words wiig (meaning "willow") and tn (meaning "settlement, estate, farm").
It borders the Wharfe River and can be found between Otley and Harrogate. Most of its residents’ travel to and from Leeds and Bradford for work, so the A61 (Leeds-Harrogate Road) and A658 (Royds Road) are its main arteries (Harrogate-Bradford road). Huby, located about 1 mile (1.6 km) north-west of Weeton, where Weeton railway station is located, is also part of the parish. Weeton is devoid of essential amenities such as a bar, general store, and post office. The Weeton Agricultural Show and the Weeton and Huby Cricket Club both call this location home.
The Earl of Harewood funded the construction of the St. Barnabas Church in the community. The Bishop of Ripon laid the cornerstone in 1851, and the building was finished the following year, in 1852. Parsonage, which is not far away, was constructed in that year. The Reverend James Palmes, the Reverend T.H. Fearon, and, starting in 1867, the Reverend Christopher Wybergh served as vicars. Joan Coombs wrote a pamphlet about the town, so you can learn more about it. Rougemont Castle, situated on the north bank of the River Wharfe at its right-angle bend at the confluence with Weeton Beck, is a well-preserved example of a ringwork to the southeast of Weeton.