Reedley Ward, ENG - Postcode - BB9 5QL
Postcode BB9 5QL serves Reedley Ward in the Lancashire district of England. It is part of the BB9 outward code area. Use the map below for the exact location.
More postcodes in Lancashire | Browse BB9 area | All postcodes in Reedley Ward
Location Information
| City/Location/Ward | Reedley Ward |
|---|---|
| County/District/Region | Lancashire |
| States or Province or Territories | England |
| States or Province or Territories Abbrieviation | ENG |
| Postcode | BB9 5QL |
GPS Coordinate
| Item | Description |
|---|---|
| Latitude | 53.8253 |
| Longitude | -2.2459 |
Nearby Postcodes
| Location | Postcode |
|---|---|
| Blackburn | BB1 1AB |
| Blackburn | BB1 1AE |
| Blackburn | BB1 1AF |
| Blackburn | BB1 1AQ |
| Blackburn | BB1 1BA |
| Blackburn | BB1 1BB |
| Blackburn | BB1 1BD |
| Blackburn | BB1 1BG |
| Blackburn | BB1 1BH |
| Blackburn | BB1 1BJ |
Browse All
Maps & Location
Reedley Ward is located in Lancashire
About Reedley Ward
Description of Reedley Ward
Reedley, sometimes known as Reedley Hallows, is a civil parish in the English county of Lancashire, located within the Borough of Pendle. The area is a component of the communities of Burnley and Brierfield. In 1999, there were 1,994 residents, but as of the 2011 census, just 1,960 remained. Located on the Leeds and Liverpool Canal, marina building began in January 2008 and is planned to be finished by September of that year. Reedley Hallows Halt was a stop on the East Lancashire Line that served the community until 1956, when it was closed. Both the marina and the future train station are located in an unparished section of Burnley, England, which is not currently included in the parish's jurisdiction.
History of Reedley Ward
In 1894, the majority of Reedley Hallows, Filly Close, and New Laund Booth civil parish were merged to form the new civil parish. In 1866, a township within the older parish of Whalley was transformed into the new civil parish of Whalley. Barden Clough served as the initial boundary with Burnley, but as the city grew, the line was shifted to the north-west. Parts of the former royal hunting Forest of Pendle are now inside the parish of Whalley, but before to 1887 they were considered extra-parochial. Reedley Hallows is on the eastern side of Pendle Water, whereas New Laund Booth is on the north-western side and Filly Close is on the south-western side. All three were first recorded as forested enclosures. Filly Close, in Burnley, was leased in 1324 in association with Royle, which is located on the other side of Pendle Water. In 1341.
Reedley Hallows served as a cow farm for the surrounding vaccaries in Pendle Forest. Also leased for farming by 1459 was the area known as New Laund, which was likely once a deer park. Reedley held the position of district seat for the Burnley Rural Area from its incorporation in 1894 until its demise in 1974. The building that is now the Oaks Hotel on Colne Road once housed council offices. Additionally, a Magistrates' court exists.